I was the AFTRA social media team lead on the SAG-AFTRA merger.
We ran an intensive campaign of positive messaging and interaction with our membership via Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. In one live-tweet event, we increased our followers by 200%.
Attempts to merge SAG and AFTRA had been ongoing for over five decades, and on April 1, 2012, the merger passed by an overwhelming majority.
The campaign was listed as a finalist in the non-profit campaign category of the 2013 PR Week Awards.
- Ensure that AFTRA members were informed about the positive effects of the upcoming SAG-AFTRA merger
- Secure a majority "yes" vote on the upcoming merger
- We increased our followers 200% with one live-tweet event
- The merger passed by an overwhelming majority
- The campaign was listed as a finalist in the non-profit campaign category of the 2013 PR Week Awards