I was lucky enough to get to work with the communications team at AYSO as a video and audio editor for some of the first-hand historical accounts they recorded for their 50th anniversary project. These fascinating interviews were taken by the staff over the course of several years leading up to their golden anniversary, and feature the members of the first nine AYSO teams; footage from the Seattle Sound Wave, house band of the Seattle Sounders playing at a the 2012 National Annual General Meeting; and nearly 50 years worth of beginnings and stories in-between.
Read more here.
- Edit historical and primary source video and audio to be embedded in the AYSO 50th anniversary digital timeline
- Edit clips and footage for video to be shown at the 50th anniversary dinner
- First-hand account footage, some of it from people who had since passed away, was made accessible to the membership of the AYSO, some of it for the first time.
- AYSO had hundreds of hours of footage in portable clips that they could continue to share with their membership for years to come
- This was our first large-scale video project, and the first time we worked with a web designer at another location, transferring the video at this time required FTP access and we learned the ins and outs of how to navigate and troubleshoot that system, both for ourselves and for others who may be on the other side of that connection.